App which scans and analysis 2D chess boards, captured from other screens/books
The purpose of this app is to increase your productivity in regards to chess related topics.
It scans, edits and analyses 2D chess board position in 5 basic steps:
- 1. Take a picture with the option to flip the board – the quality of the picture and the proper positioning of the board in the green square are of major importance.
- 2. Automatic cropping and rotating of the picture – needs your final assessment whether the board image is correctly extracted. Possibility for manual board corners correction if necessary.
- 3. Automatic matching of pieces – if the pieces set is supported then the matching should successfully recognize the positioning of the pieces.
- 4. Edit board – you could edit castling rights, side to move and could correct pieces positions if necessary.
- 5. AnAnalyze – start the Bagatur chess engine for analysis by clicking on the computer icon.
The ELO of the Bagatur chess engine is around 3000. It has a unique playing style leading to different games compared to the games of the top chess engines like Stockfish, Komodo, AlphaZero and Leela Chess Zero.
- The application is tested with default pieces sets from lichess.org, chess.com and chess24.com as these sites are intensively used by chess players.
- It also supports a few pieces of set, commonly used in old books (e.g. Russian).
- We believe these could help chess fans to save the human chess history from the old paper books in computer format like PGN and FEN.
- If the application does not work well for you as your chess pieces are not yet included, please send us an image, with ALL chess pieces on the initial board, so we could add it to the application.
- We need a picture, which has all the 12 different pieces (white and black, pawn, knight, bishop, rook, queen, king).
- Our idea is to incrementally enrich the application with abilities to recognize more and more pieces sets as well as to add new features.
- We will highly appreciate it if you help us as this process will take some time.
The free version of the app uses ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and INTERNET permissions, because it shows ads.